We are here to ignite passion about hockey amongst children. The academy aims to create world-class standards in every department of the game as well as with issues associated with the game. Being the first to focus on youth development in a structured manner, the academy is unique in every sense, especially as the program is designed for children from the age of 8 years and above to start playing the game.
The academy comes with the commitment of coaches from an extensive pool of former International and national hockey players ensuring very high standards of quality and training. The program is geared towards holistic development for children playing hockey. The academy is well networked with sporting bodies to bring out the best opportunities for the children.
OUR OBJECTIVES AND ACTIVITIES
- To promote Hockey in the Community by
- Partnering with Orphanages, schools and organizations
- Reviving sports facility
- Creating awareness through media
- Involving the community throughvolunteering program
- Holding summer camps
- Organizing hockey carnivals
- To impart hockey skills by
- Conducting regular trainings
- Organizing/participating in competitions
- Providing nutritious diet
- Providing sporting gear
- Developing lifeskills
- Reachingout to Department of Youth Empowerment and Sports (DYES) for training on turf
- To nurture talented players by
- Identifying star players
- Providing specialized training
- Monitoring and evaluation (ongoing) ofhockey skills & academic performance
- Preparing them for selection process
- To createa centre of excellence for grassroots hockey by
- Developing coaches
- Engagingand utilizing veteran talent
- Settingup coaching programs
- Setting up sports facilities
- To impart professional hockey training to children from under-privileged backgrounds
- To create awareness and promote the sport amongst children
- To teach life skills using the game of Hockey
- To facilitate a holistic approach in development of children who are denied of exposure to sports
- To prepare the children to professionally compete at higher levels
- Train and guide children to avail the benefits of various sports schemes like educational scholarships and sports quota jobs offered in various government institutions
- To prepare the children to get admissions in state offered sports schools and sports hostels
- To have an academy with world-class standards, where young players from our country/abroad can be trained to meet international standards.
- We look ahead to have specialists handling every department of the game on and off the field.
- "To catch them very young"
- To groom coaches in par with international standards.
- To create opportunities for veterans to continue playing the game.